Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Our Growing Girl

Bella is changing daily...new words, expressions, movements! Here are a few of her "things"...

*Everything has to be done "By Bella's Self" or "By myself". Especially walking up and down stairs, which she can now do without holding anything.

*She loves to release all of our belongings from their prisons. The DVD's. The toys. The cushions. The dishes. The towels. The books. They can all be strewn about the house in about 3 minutes flat. It's truly amazing.

*At night, she has to wear a compression bandage on her finger (from her surgery)...and she will always remind me by saying "Doctor say I wear it on the finger at night!".

*She is exploring her different types of cries (even when she's not sad). When she is done...she simply says, "Bella stop crying now".

*Bedtime is so much fun. We bathe and then we play on the bed...doing somersaults and jumping, doing games with daddy.

*She's very into wearing her bathing suit. Everywhere. For anything. Just the suit.

*When I run upstairs quick or leave her along for a second, she yells after me..."Mommy forgot the BABY!"

*If I roll over in bed before Bella is done nursing...she will exclaim..."MISSING the NURSIES!"

*She has strong opinions about what she will wear. And it really doesn't matter if mommy wants to put matching socks on. In Bella's world, the lime green and bright pink look much nicer together. She also likes to put layers and layers of clothes on top of each other...and she likes mommy's and daddy's clothes too.

Some funnies:
*We have a great worship CD that has a chorus of: "I need your mercies...your mercies". Bella loves to sing along, but she sings "I need your nursies...your nursies!"

*I was looking all over for some new chopsticks that I got, and Bella is sooo great at finding things. So I asked her, "Bella, where did you put Mommy's chopstick?"... and she immediately ran into the bathroom and then came running back out with the chapstick. Chopstick = Chapstick. It all sounds the same :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Kristin said...

Ah, the joys!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Heth said...

"Mommy forgot the Baby!" That is hilarious.

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your nursies, your nursies... oh, I'm laughing so hard I'm shakng the bed and disturbing my snoozing family...

1:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home